The Oregon Hill Baptist Center is one of three Baptist Centers located in inner-city Richmond. The Centers are primarily supported by the Richmond Baptist Association, The Baptist General Association of Virginia and the churches in which they are housed.
The Oregon Hill Center began as the Cary Street Baptist Center on June 7, 1940. In 1974 it was moved to its present location inside of Pine Street Baptist Church, and the name was changed to the Oregon Hill Baptist Center. The Center and Church work very closely in partnership along with many volunteers to reach the community and beyond with the light and love of Jesus Christ.
Ministry with the Homeless
Youth Gatherings - discussions, fellowships, trips, and mission projects
College Student Outreach
Family Activities - movie nights, retreats, etc.
Senior Adult Fellowships
Small Group Bible & Topical Studies
Emergency Assistance - food, financial assistance, etc.
Counseling and Referrals
Computer Lab - for community use
Community & Hospital Visitation
School Supply Ministry
Christmas Store Ministry
Thanksgiving Meal Ministry